Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Glucose Test

I had to take the 1 hour glucose test today.

Surprisingly, not horrible! I didn't mind the drink itself (I had the Fruit Punch), and I didn't get jittery or anything until a few hours later. This I blame on the fact that I ate frosted flakes for breakfast. Not a good idea.

All of my bloodwork is done at a 3rd party lab. So I got there, waited in line (forever!!) and checked in. I made sure to tell the receptionist that I needed the glucose test, so she gave me the drink right there. I had thought ahead, so I had a book. But between calling (ahem harassing) my husband, and various other calls I needed to make, I didn't get much of it read. My hour went much faster than I had expected, and I was soon on my way!

All in all, it really wasn't that bad. Annoying, yes, but certainly not dreadful. Pin It

1 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so glad it didn't suck as bad for you as it did for me. I had the orange and it made me gag. I've always been a really picky eater since I was little and am super sensitive to stuff I don't like though. So I'm just a big baby. :)