Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

101 in 1001


There is a really neat thing going on right now, called the Day Zero Project. I'm a little behind the times, and my friends Stacey and Jenni are already well into their 1001 days. But hey, better late than never right? So I'm jumping on the bandwagon! I will keep you updated, and blog about each item that is crossed off the list. Italics are for entries in progress, and if an item has been crossed off it has been completed (with a link to the post with completion details!). I will post a link to this post in my side bar so you can see how I'm doing!

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Here's My List:

Blog:
  1. My Life in Pictures - Take a picture every day and blog about it for a month (0/30)
  2. Wonderful Wednesdays - Blog about something positive each Wednesday for 6 months (0/24)
  3. Thankful Thursdays - Blog about something I'm thankful for each Thursday for 6 months (0/24)
  4. Blog Every Day for a month straight
  5. Have 100 blog followers (48/100)
  6. Inspire Someone to start their own 101 in 1001
  7. Going Greener
  8. Switch to Re-Usable Grocery bags
  9. Switch to Organic Fruits/Vegetables
  10. Make Eco-Friendly Cleaning Supplies
  11. Use Cloth diapers for 12 months
  12. Use only cloth wipes for one month
  13. Family
  14. Institute a game night each month (3/30)
  15. NO take out for a week (including lunches!) (2/7)
  16. Have a date night with Scott once a month (2/30)
  17. Try 10 new restaurants (7/10)
  18. Clean out Garage - Sell, Donate, or throw out anything we don't need.
  19. Have family pictures taken for Christmas cards (1/2)
  20. Send Christmas Cards (1/2)
  21. Childproof the house
  22. Get pregnant! After Webster hits 18 months, of course.
  23. Pick Pumpkins as a family. Document with pictures (0/2)
  24. Take the dogs to the park once a month for a year (weather permitting) (2/12)
  25. Have a family picnic (0/5)
  26. Slow Dance with Scott (1/10)
  27. Host Thanksgiving
  28. Host Christmas
  29. Take a cooking class with Scott
  30. Get a fireproof safe for important paperwork (social security cards, passports, etc)
  31. Leave the laptop off every night for a week (0/7)
  32. Leave the tv off every night for a week (0/7)
  33. Cook dinner at least 3 times per week, for a month (0/4)
  34. Complete a 1000+ piece puzzle with Scott
  35. Make a snowman

    Health
  36. Lose the baby weight!!
  37. Limit soda intake - One per day for a month (1/30)
  38. Limit soda intake - One per Week for a month (0/4)
  39. Cut soda from my diet completely!
  40. Join a gym
  41. GO to the gym three times a week for a month (0/12)
  42. Take a yoga class once a week for three months (0/12)

    Money
  43. Play the lottery!
  44. Set up a Roth IRA
  45. Pay off student loan
  46. Have (and maintain) a savings account with 3 months salary in case of emergency
  47. Deposit $5 in a special account for each goal completed (5/101)
  48. Get a promotion/raise
  49. When grocery shopping, only get whats on the list!
  50. Clip Coupons for a month (0/4)
  51. Random Acts of Kindness
  52. Compliment 10 Strangers (0/10)
  53. Pay for the car behind me in the drive through (0/10)
  54. Donate Christmas gifts to those in need (0/2)
  55. Bring food to a homeless person (0/5)
  56. Send a care package to a soldier I've never met.
  57. Send a care package to an orphan I've never met.
  58. Volunteer at 10 different places (0/10)
  59. Just For Me
  60. Read a book on the Best Sellers List each Month (0/30)
  61. Have a Halloween Bash for my 30th Birthday
  62. Attend church at least once a month for 6 months (0/6)
  63. Take a "Me" day once a month (0/30)
  64. Make a Will
  65. Back up photos on disk
  66. Trash the Dress!
  67. Buy a new Mattress for our bedroom
  68. Become CPR certified
  69. Read in my Bible every day for a month (0/30)
  70. Catch a fish
  71. Knit a blanket. With Cables
  72. Get a new pair of glasses
  73. Get Baptised at a Church that feels like home.
  74. Participate in a Bible Study group
  75. Splurge on 5 matching sets of pretty bras and panties (0/5)
  76. Vote in a non-presidential election
  77. Choose to do the right thing. (I'm assuming the opportunity will present itself)
  78. Make Scott proud to be my husband
  79. Develop a filing system that works!
  80. Take a vocal class.
  81. Get a college degree
  82. Travel
  83. Take Webster to Sea World
  84. Take a Family vacation (in the US)
  85. Take a Family vacation (out of the US)
  86. Go on a road Trip
  87. Go Camping (0/12)
  88. See at least one of the 7 Wonders of the World
  89. Visit a country I've never been to
  90. Take Webster to play in the Snow
  91. Take a cruise - Just the 2 of us
  92. Visit 4 corners
  93. Go to 3 US States I've never been to before (0/3)
  94. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast
  95. Webster
  96. Throw Webster First Birthday Party
  97. Throw Webster Second Birthday Party
  98. Get Websters Passport
  99. Take Webster to the zoo
  100. Take Webster to 10 different parks in AZ (1/10)
  101. Put $1/day for a month into a piggy bank for Webster (0/30)
  102. Fly a kite with Webster
  103. Read to Webster from a childrens Bible once a week for a month (0/4)
  104. Write a letter to Webster on his birthday (0/2)
  105. Take Webster to a live sporting event (0/5)
  106. Make a quilt from Websters clothing
  107. Take Webster to the Science Museum
What do you think? My "Day One" will be October 10 which puts my Day 1001 at July 7, 2012. Oh, and if I have inspired you to write your own, please let me know! :)
Pin It

11 comments:

Erin said...

I think I might help you with a few things on your list. There's lots of snow in Alaska! I have a few tricks up my sleeve too...

Stacey said...

Great list! I loled at your Wonderful Wednesday, I have a feature on my ppd blog that's called Wonderful Wednesday :o).

PeasOut said...

Erin I thought of you when I was writing this. I was *thisclose* to adding "See the Northern Lights" to my list. It def going on the next one though!! Plus, Alaska is totally neighbors with Russia, right? There's another one! :)

Stacey, I stole it from you. I'll add credit in the list if you want. :)

Stacey said...

No it's fine, I thought it was cute! Glad to spread the wonderul :o) Happy to know someone reads it...been very frustrated with that blog lately.

Jenni said...

Very Nice List Mya.. :0)
I might actually have to steal from you - I've been thinking about re doing it to categories. I think it will be easier to focus and your categories make it easy to read etc..
Anyway - Good list and Happy 101 n 1001.. :0)

Samantha said...

Wow, did you come up with all of these on your own? I wouldn't know where to start!

Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!!

PeasOut said...

Samantha, if you go to the Day Zero Listmakers link on my rhand sidebar, you can look at other people lists to get inspired!

brittannie said...

even though i've been reading along for awhile, i just officially followed it so you can have one more follower!

here's to 101 things in 1001 days. good luck!



love, brittannie

Stephanie said...

Those are fantastic goals! Good for you!

Speaking of getting new glasses, I have an eye appointment tomorrow that is WAY overdue. I'm actually excited to get a new prescription so I can start seeing things better! :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS!!! I'm going to make my own list :)