Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

38 Week Appointment Recap

Last night my BHs went from annoying to painful. Which to me means contractions, not BHs. Anyway, I am officially an idiot, and can't time ctx for the life of me. I didn't want to wake Scott, as if this was nothing, he needed to leave the house at 4:30am for work. Because of my fibro, I tolerate pain differently. So I was able to sleep through them. When they didn't stop when it was time for him to get up for the day, I told him I was having painful and consistent ctx all night, but I don't know about a pattern. So we both stayed home from work to see where this would lead us.

I had a drs appt scheduled for the end of the day, but I called and had it moved to earlier. Ctx were still painful, and still no pattern I could see.

She did an internal at my appt and I am 2-3 cm! Yeah! She said that my cervix is almost completely thinned, and my random contractions were doing their job! His head is very low, and she could feel my water "bulging". She also stripped my membranes. The internal wasn't painful, not comfortable either, but certainly no worse than a pap. The membranse stripping was another story. Holey buckets that hurt. As I was warned, my contractions/cramping have increased considerably. Like now they are nonstop. I told Scott that if this is what I'm going to be feeling until Webster comes, he better come fast lol. There is no way I can handle this for an extended period of time.

So thats where we are. We plan to do everything we can to help move things along from here. Because I assure you, contractions do hurt. Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Of course, not for your pain but for Webster coming soon (hopefully) :)

Jamie said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, this deserves a million explanation marks) I am so excited! Webster is on his way! What a great b-day present!

Samantha said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and jealous at the same time! I've been having painful contractions for a couple of weeks, but they have been completely random and not that close together (although I get them all day, they aren't regular). I really hope to hear some news tomorrow that they've been working and I'm dilated!