Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Honest Feelings.

I try really hard not to complain about the standard pregnancy aches, pains and ailments. I have been extremely lucky with this pregnancy, and I can only hope that our future ones will be this easy.

That being said, it isn't reality. The last few weeks (32 weeks and on, if I had to guess) have been increasingly uncomfortable. And it wouldn't be an honest recounting of this journey if I leave it out. So here's my (hopefully) one and only complaint post.

My back hurts.

I am always tired. I can't get comfortable when I sleep, so I don't sleep very well.

My nose hurts when I breathe. Like if you're somewhere really cold (sledding for instance) and the air is really thin, and you take a deep breath in through your nose, it hurts. My nose hurts like that all the time.

My back hurts. It hurts no matter if I am sitting, standing, laying down. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm sitting on a yoga ball. Unfortunately, I can't take a yoga ball everywhere I go.

My stomach hurts. Webster has moved into a head down position (yeah!!) but his little behind is still pressing up into my sternum. Which is never comfortable. It hurts with a bra, without a bra, in a tank top with a shelf bra, in an overside t-shirt, no matter what I wear, it hurts. Some things are worse than others, such as my strapless bra, but it is pretty unrelenting. Also, there is a spot about the size of a dime just to the left of my belly button that hurts. No idea why, it just hurts.

I can't stop eating. I get full after like 6 bites, but I'm starving again in less than an hour. Because of this, I am gaining weight (duh! I'm pregnant! thats what supposed to happen). Recently, the weight gain has made me feel like a cow.

I feel like a fat cow. I have gotten to a point that I'm starting to gain water weight. I have tree trunk thighs, nothing I own will fit. Nothing. I am to a point where all of my clothes are either maternity or purchased in a larger size. My bum is almost deserving of its own zip code.

I constantly feel like I am DYING OF THIRST. I fill by 32 oz water bottle 5-6 times a day, and thats just the water. I cannot get enough.

Since Webster has migrated to head down, he is making himself comfortable. Which, if the pain is any indication, involves fluffing my cervix like a feather pillow. Ouch. Just ouch.

Lets talk about peeing. I am literally up every 2 hours on the dot at night. I look at it as practice for night feedings. But that doesn't make it anyless annoying. During the day its closer to every half hour or so. I have to make sure to pee right before I leave somewhere, and I need to go again as soon as I get where I'm going. And peeing at the doctor. Yesterday was the first time in I don't know how long that I managed to get all the pee into the little cup. I was very impressed!

I am starting to swell. My rings won't fit anymore, and I've been eyeing my ankles. I *think* they are starting to swell, but not drastically. But I miss my wedding ring the most.

Oh, and did I mention that my back hurts? Cause it does. Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to make this post. No one expects you to be all rainbows and unicorns. You're pregnant, very pregnant. :)

Samantha said...

I feel ya, girl! I am so ready for this to be done with.

Most of my maternity shirts still fit b/c the ones I got were made to have a lot of extra room in them, but I have totally outgrown my pants and have to squeeze myself into one pair of work dress pants and one pair of jeans. No shoes fit...I'm wearing thin strapped Old Navy flip flop/sandals to work. I am miserable. I've stopped weighing myself. I don't even want to know.

And yes...sleep sucks. Between getting up to pee, acid reflux, and carpal tunnel making my arms go numb, I get like 3 hours a night. Ugh!

We don't have much longer! We can do this! 3 more weeks!!!