Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Here I go again....

I missed another day. Drat it all. Anyway...


Last night I went to the Phoenix Mercury game with Aliza. We had a blast! The energy level was high, the Mercury played fantastically (of course, we aren't champions for nothing), and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We decided by the end of the night this would be something we could see ourselves really getting into ("Next time, we have to wear jerseys, too!") on a pretty regular basis. Not daily or even weekly, but definitely at least once a month.


We were deciding on who would be our fave player (and whose jersey we would sport) by the oldest means available; Who ever was shortest got our vote. :) We chose #23 Cappie Pondexter. That's right, not only is she the shortest on the team, her name is Cappie Pondexter. You have to remember that while we are choosing based solely on height, the shortest people in the WNBA are not short by any means. Our choice is 5'9... really short. lol.

Anyway, we had a good time. We had an *almost* issue with the "lesbian mom" behind us. I asked her obnoxious kid not to whistle in my ear, and ridiculousness ensues.


Full story: We're in 3rd quarter (just after half time, about 8:00), these 3 girls (around 8-10 years old) behind us have been screaming and hollering and whistling the whole time (typical behavior at a basketball game, so no problem there). 2 of the girls can whistle (and I don't mean Jiminy Cricket whistle, I mean full on obnoxious piercing make your head explode whistle) just fine, but I guess the third couldn't. So they are leaning forward trying to whistle, blowing air and germs all over us. Girl #3 (we'll call her Brat) says "I can't do it!" I turned around, and simply said "It's OK. You don't have to." Not mean, just plainly said. Said brat starts crying. Like really crying. So my guilt factor kicks in, and I start to feel a little bad; I didn't mean to make her cry. Only she has a delay of about 6 minutes. So by the time she's crying everyone else has forgotten all about it. So "Lesbian Mom" leans over to us "Ma'am, what did you say to her?" I told her the truth, "you don't have to whistle". I'm assuming we're at end of story. Oh no. Every 5 to ten minutes for the rest of the game, Moms trying to talk to me. "Ma'am shes crying." "look at her face" "This is a place to be loud" "She was having fun". I've have since apologized literally 5 times to sniveling Brat. We are literally almost an hour after the incident, and this little girl is still crying. I don't mean silent tears, I mean gut wrenching whole body sobbing. At this point I don't really much care that I "hurt her feelings" by saying its OK if she can't whistle. If you go turn into a mess for over an hour because a stranger says you don't have to whistle, you have more issues than I can help you with. Pin It

3 comments:

MelissaPR said...

That is what kills me...I LOVE love love kids and can't wait to have them someday. It's not having kids that I'm scared of, it's becoming one of "those" moms that freaks me out! How annoying are they. For instance, if I'm at the grocery store and there is a mom taking her sweet time in front of me, letting her kids run around screaming and not even noticing, I get MAD. Like really mad. Some women just get clueless and ditzy and just plain dumb after having kids. If you ever get that way, I'll pinch you or something :)

Michelle said...

Haha too funny! She did sound like a brat! OMG an hour? C'mon!

My sister is like that with her son. If anyone says anything about him bad or indifferent she throws a fit. (He's the same way) And when we go to people's houses or the store or wherever she lets him run around because he doesn't want to be in a stoller or shopping cart or whatever... then he usually ends up doing something bad or breaking something... and she can care less. It drives me NUTS!

Anonymous said...

Wow it's not like you said the kid couldn't do it.... Maybe the mom she teach her kid not to worry about what others think rather than worrying about what was said to her kid and who said it.