Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Longing

Have you ever wanted something so bad that you could literally feel that thing in your arms? Or had a dream so incredibly vivid that when you wake up you are completely floored that what you just experienced is not reality? This is how I feel pretty much everyday. I am so excited to be a mom, that I can smell the poopy diapers already!

I am a planner. That's just the way I roll. I like to figure out everything before I actually need to. I get all my research done in advance, and I am less likely to make an emotional decision, or settle for something else. I did it when we bought our house, I did it when we planned our wedding, and I'm doing it now, preparing for our Future Peanut.

This is what I have discovered:
We will need a new car, since both of ours only have two doors. There is no way you are going to see little me hauling an infant seat in/out of a backseat without a back door. So I did the research, and decided on a Nissan. First I thought I wanted a Versa, but a little more info led me to believe that we will outgrow this car too quickly. So then I wanted an Altima. In reality it won't work, mainly because it's out of our budget. So, that leads us to the Sentra.

Nissan redid the body styling starting in 2007 and I absolutely love this car! I took it for a test "sit" (I knew if I actually drove it, I would leave in tears because we can't buy it yet) and this car was literally perfect for me! I am only 4"10, so proportion is a key factor for me in car buying. Well, I sat in the Sentra and was shocked! I didn't even have to move the seat! Whoever test drove the car last had left it in the perfect position for me! All the mirrors were correct, even the seat back. I could reach all the dials, and the glove box was huge! Like keep your laptop in it huge. One of the first things I looked for was visibility. Being as short as I am, (and you can laugh if you must) being ableto see over the steering wheel and the dash is important. You'd be surprised how big of an issue this is for me. Low and behold, I can see everything! I couldn't believe it! The new Nissans get great gas mileage, and are some of the safest cars on the market. Add into that the Nissan reputation and reliability, the LATCH system standard in all vehicles and the friendly price range, you have my perfect car. If only I can wait until February....

Here comes the Baby Stuff. I will try not to bore you with tons of detials, but I get pretty excited about stuff like this, so no promises.

Crib: Storkcraft Aspen Stages in Black

It is convertible (changes into a toddler bed, then a full-sized bed), has a multi-position mattress and a dropside rail (remember that whole really short thing? yeah, its still and issue). I love it!

We like the Bananafish Short Latte Bedding. It's simple enough not to be overwhelming, but interesting enough not to be boring. Plus it combines my two favorite things; stripes and polka dots!

Put it all together in a room like the one below, and it's my idea of a perfect nursery!
I really like what this family did with the colors, the molding, well pretty much everything! I love that the room feels very open and inviting. It isn't too babyish, so Future Peanut (we'll call him FP until there is actually a Pea in the Pod...) can grow into it without needing a drastic remodel. I also like that if you chose pink accents instead of blue, it would be perfect for a little girl! To see more of this room, click here.
Another necessity of parenthood is of course, the diaper bag. I fell in love with this one. The Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared in Mint Julep. I love this compny, and their bags are fabulous! Go here for more info.
The inside of the bag is full of little pockets (some are even insulated to keep bottles warm/cool).

Click each picture to enlarge. Otherwise you won't get the full effect!

You can't have children with out the following. You need a stroller, car seat, pack and play (bassinet) and a swing. The line I like is the Graco Deco. I love the pattern, and they all have awesome safety ratings, and reviews. The stroller has a one-hand fold feature which is nice, and the infant seat is the nicest on the market. The playard has a built in bassinet with a toy bar (it also plays music!)
Well, my hats off to you if you made it this far! This is what goes through my mind all the time. I really cannot wait until the time is right for me to put all my research to work. This was just the tip of the iceberg. One of these days, maybe we'll get into cloth diapers...
Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You're brave. I could never do cloth diapers.

As far as the baby gear... I love the Deco pattern. It what we had picked out if Arielle would have been a boy. Actually there was nothing saying because she was a girl that I still could get it... but I just love pink for a girl and I went with pink instead. Good choice though. And I loooove Graco everything! It's my favorite.

Stacey said...

I may steal your car research lol. We're in the same boat we both have 2 door cars. I've been going crazy looking at new cars it's all so much info! But you make me feel less crazy because h teases me that I over research everything!

MelissaPR said...

You are SO cute!!!!!!!!!! I love that you've fully researched all of these products. Here's a new career idea for you - magazine editor! :)