Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stressful Day....

I had a very stressful day today. The H and I had a couple hours where we weren't seeing eye to eye. Turns out neither of us were really understanding each other, so we're good now. (I love you, baby!) Anyway, my mood was pretty sour all day.

A couple of weeks ago, I got backed into in the parking lot of my work. It put a giant dent in my hood and broke my turnsignal/headlight. I got an estimate on the damage to my car - $2500 dollars. Keep in mind we didn't even pay that much for the stupid car in the first place. $2500! I couldn't believe it! So anyway, I gave him a copy of the estimate and I've been going back and forth with him with no success.

I spoke with him today, and he said we had a couple of options as to how to proceed. 1. He can give me $500 in cash, and I would have to sign paperwork saying that we're even. 2. We can go through his insurance and get my car fixed that way. $500 are you freaking kidding me?! That's only a quarter of the damage. Needless to say, we'll be going through the insurance. His thought behind the offer? "I wasn't sure if you were going to get the car fixed, and thought you might rather have the money." $500 dollars? Like I'm supposed to jump at the opportunity or something. Give me a break.

On top of that, yesterday my poor car started overheating. All it needed was coolant, but it still worries me that it may have a leak or something. So me and my car aren't really getting along all that well right now. I don't really feel very safe in it; the guy who hit me really had no idea I was there, I was too small for him to see from his Yukon. And now, the engine is acting up. Argh. I am not having fun. So basically Scott and I were debating the benefits of purchasing my new vehicle sooner rather than later (yay!) last night. Which is what we were miscommunicating about today. Its a long story, and if I rehash it I'll probably get all grumpy, so I'll just leave it alone.

The point is, I was very stressed and irritable all day. So I decided to get a hair cut. I've been thinking/talking/planning this for a few months now, but I don't have a regular stylist. I tend to get very emotional about my hair, and I have high expectations. It makes for an interesting experience every time I get my hair cut. If you already don't know, 9 times out of 10 my new haircut leaves me in tears. I know some of you have been subjected to the incohenrent ranting of a freshly groomed Mya, so you'll know what I'm talking about. Most of the time I get used to it, and I'm happy enough with it in a couple days. But if the stylist makes me cry, I don't really want to go there again. So seeing a new person on a whim when I'm already in a crappy mood could have turned out to be disatrous!

I went to Salon Surreal off of 16th and Glendale to see if they had space for a walk-in. Lucky for me, they sure did! My stylists name was Brandi, and her hair was very similar to the way I wanted mine cut. Thats a good sign! She was sooo sweet! She was asking about my wedding, and when I told her I used to have extensions, she was very interested in the technique we used. She asked me what I wanted done (clean up the layers, keep the length), and actually showed me how much she was going to cut before she did anything. A nice touch, I thought. Fast forward to the end. The telltale part of a cut for me is the style. Most people don't know how to straighten my hair (not sure why, it's not difficult, I do it all the time!) so I leave looking like a poodle. I never plan haircuts for right before I need to go somewhere because inevitably I'll have to go home and fix something. Anyway, Brandi styled it perfectly! Straight enough to be smooth, but it had just enough body to stay textured. I love my new haircut!! I love it! It looks so much longer now, and you can see the color difference better between the bottom layer (almost black) and the top layer (lighter brown). I absolutely love my hair cut! I will be going to Brandi for all my cuts in the future. Unfotunately, the color prices at this salon were out of my price range. I have an appointment later this month with a stylist named Tonya who's prices are much friendlier. I hope that I love Tonya's color as much as I love Brandi's cuts.

I have no pictures yet, but I will try to upload soem soon. Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have a hard time with my hair too. I NEVER cut it... not even a trim for the same exact reason. 6 weeks ago I chopped it all off short and I love it too! I would have never done it though if it wasn't for my husband who kinda pushed me to finally do it.

Can't wait to see pics of your new do!

Unknown said...

Pictures! Pictures!

Anonymous said...

I just plain out have no clue what to do with my hair. Sometimes I just want to chop it all off. Good for you Michelle for doing it. I did it once when I wanted to get rid of the dreadlocks but I'm a little too nervous to do anything drastic with it now...aye me. One of these days.

Alexus