Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well, Here Goes Nothing...

Day one. I have been thinking of starting a blog for a while now, and for whatever reason, today just feels right. I feel like I should warn you, its gonna be about babies.


Anyway, for a little history. Scott and I were married March 20, 2008. The weather was gorgeous, and it couldn't have been a more perfect day. We bought our house in December of 2006, and are blessed with happiness and health continually. Scott is my best friend, and I can't believe I'm lucky enough to spend every day of the rest of my life with him by my side.

A few years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy. Very scary situation, but everything worked out for the best. Once you have one ectopic, your chances for another increase. Not exponentially, but definitely more risk. So I'm a little nervous about what will happen when Scott and I start trying to have a baby.


I want to be a mother more than anything else in this whole world. It's actually all I ever wanted to do. I never went to college, never decided on a real career, all because of motherhood. I would find something that I thought I wanted to do, but in my mind I would say "But I'd really only do that until I kids, then I'd be staying home. Is it really worth all the time/effort/money for less than 5 years in that career?" and I'd give up. Part of me understands this (after all, I was the one who thought that way in the first place!), but the other part wishes I'd just have gone and gotten the damn degree! But anyway, I digress. The point is, all my life that's what I wanted to be. A mother. Pin It

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Honestly, I was the exact opposite. I wanted to go to college and wanted to travel and all that stuff. But with bad judgement as a teenager I became pregnant at 17. And that changed my life. I hated kids but once I got pregnant I knew all I wanted was to be a mother. And of course after he was born... he became my life!

I know what you mean... I hope that you have absolutely no problem when you and Scott decided to TTC! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's always interesting for the female and the issue of when to become a mother. Career before kids or kids before career or kids and no career because they are a job unto themselves. I'm still trying to figure out what would be best for me. I want children and value being a mother but I also value being me and I figure once you have kids you have to sacrifice a lot of yourself. It's probably the wrong way to look at it but I'm still on that journey and I want to know me as a person before I try to mold another.

Mya I remember the first time you told me your true aspirations and we were on polar opposites at the time. One thing I know is you would be amazing at being mother. You've always had a very strong mind and I've seen you grow into a thoughtful and organized woman. The idea of being a mother helps to give you your center and purpose. It makes me rethink things. Good Luck love!!

Alexus