Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Appleton, WI

Well, we made it! We landed in Appleton (after a mad dash through the Minneapolis airport - I am out of shape!) late Friday night. I felt kind of important when we landed in Appleton, cause we flew on a little plane. So little we had to take the stairs to get off! Just like in the movies!

I am soooo excited to be here! Scott's very dear friends Mike and Kori are getting married next weekend, and we are here for that. Donna and Matt are getting married, too (but not until May 09) so we worked it all out, and had her shower yesterday! I can't tell you how great it was to be able to be a part of it! I'm so glad we were able to have while Scott and I are visiting.
Donnas shower went really well! About 40 friends and family members came to The Gardens to help celebrate with Donna. And Donna made off with a ton of loot! If I hadn't already known she loves to cook, I would have figured it out by gift number 3! She left with everything you could possibly imagine for your kitchen! She got new pots, pans, cutlery, wine glasses, griddle, turkey roaster, deep fryer, steamer, corningware sets, the list goes on and on! I don't even know what to do with most of that stuff! Today we bought corn. Those of you who have known me for a while may know that I LOVE corn. And I was not going to pass up any chance to have corn picked fresh from the farm! So we bought a dozen ears (for $4!!) from a man at the local skating rink out of the back of his truck. And he looked exactly like you would imagine he did. I felt very rural. We're having a cookout tomorrow, and I'm making my cheese dip!

before I forget...
Mya's Fantastic Dip
Supplies:
1 Big Block of Velveeta
1 can Hormel Chili (No Beans)
2 cans Rotel Diced tomatoes w/ Green chiles
Crockpot

Cube velveeta into crock pot.
Add chili and tomatoes.
Cook on high, stirring intermittently.
It should take about 2 hours. It's done when it looks like dip, not like vomit (gross, but true)
(*****if you don't have a crock pot, follow same directions, simply microwave in 5 min increments, stirring in between until consistency is right******)
That's it!
Moving on, back to vacation.
We did a mini driving tour of Appleton, which I thoroughly enjoyed. We drove by the church that Matt and Donna will be married in, and went to their reception site as well.





They were both beautiful! We also drove around the lake and looked at the incredible houses on Doty Island. Talk about mansions!

Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm glad you're having fun!! I bet you fit in just right in Appleton... now you're gonna want to move even sooner... :o( No... not yet, wait 'til I've been here at least a year. Well I do have Joe... but that only works for so long. Lol... j/k. (btw he's sitting right here while I just wrote that about him!) He says hi! I miss you friend and I can't wait to read more!! :o)

Jamie said...

Sounds like you are having a great time.

Thank you for the cheese dip recipe!

Lisa said...

I have tagged you! See me blog for details.