Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I felt a little like Goldilocks....

So I need a diaper bag. Pretty simple, right? Go to the store, check out the options, compare a couple and pick one. Easy Peasy.

Right. Unless you're me. Over a year a go I discovered the Ju-Ju-Be line. There are so many cool features to these bags, I really wouldn't know where to begin. So go to the site and see for yourself, ok? Oh, and follow the bag links and watch the videos! They tell you so much more than the photos! I love these bags!
Moving on, I knew I wanted a Ju-Ju-Be bag. But which one?

When I first found the line, I wanted the Be Prepared. It is of course, the most expensive one they make. You can imagine Scotts reaction to me falling in love with a $180 diaper bag.





After some serious soul searching, and a second trip to the store that carried it, I decided that the Be Prepared (while totally awesome!) was probably going to be a little too big for my 5' frame. Measurements are 18.5 x 14 x 6.5 (w x h x d).

So I looked a little more, and discovered the Be Tween. You may (or may not, I suppose) remember that I blogged about this bag. It still has the main features that I love about the Ju-Ju-Bes, but its a seriously smaller scale. And the $100 price tag is a lot more wallet (and husband) friendly.





My only concern was its smaller size. Measurements are 12 x 9 x 6. Cloth diapers are much bigger than disposables. So I felt like I needed a bigger bag to accomodate that. While the mammoth Be Prepared was overkill, I feared the Be Tween just wasn't going to cut it. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

I also started looking at the Be All. Smaller that the Be Prepared, bigger than the Be Tween, and at $120 still doable.



The issue with this is the messenger style. I love the way it looks, but I hate having to open and close a bag or a purse everytime I want something. I can imagine that this will only get worse when Webster is here. Just one more thing I have to deal with. SO the Be All was scratched off the list. Measurements are 14 x 11 x 5.5.

I enlisted the opinion of Lisa for the experienced mom vote. She was of the same mind. I don't need a suitcase, but a purse isn't going to work either. I dragged her to the store to see them in person, and we made a decision!

I am now the proud owner of a Ju-Ju-Be Be Spicy!


Not too big, not too small. No annoying flap to flip every time I need something. I love the way the Brown/Champagne looks in person, and the little details (stars and rhinestones) are just the icing on the cake!!

Also, Lisa and I went to check out the new Buy Buy Baby, and discovered that not only will they accept 20% off coupons AND gift certificates from Bed Bath & Beyond, they also carry Ju-Ju-Be!!! So Lisa is ALSO the proud owner of a new Be Spicy! And she had a coupon! 20% off makes a big difference to $150!!!

Pin It

0 comments: