Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

3 Weeks

Things are going well!

I was having a kind of hard time with the seclusion part of maternity leave. For the past 6 months or so I have been so exhausted because of being pregnant that I have been doing nothing during the week but come straight home from work, eat dinner. play online and go to bed. So my social life has suffered. The last three weeks have brought back my energy, but now I am home all. day. long. It goes against my nature to sit at home and do nothing. And it was starting to drive me slowly insane.

So this week, I threw it out the window. Webster and I have been all over town! I took him to my nail appointment Monday afternoon and we went over to Kacy's for his newborn pictures (more about that later!). We had lunch with Jamie on Tuesday and Lisa on Wednesday. We got his birth certificate and hung out with my parents. Today we had lunch with Scott and said hi to all the people in his office (sorry we missed you Stephanie!) and then I took him to meet the people at my work too! He has been fantastic, and I have to say that I have been very impressed with the restraint all these people have shown! I haven't had to remind ANYONE about hand sanitizer, and everyone has been pretty content to just look at him!

I started pumping yesterday! I don't want to give him a bottle until he's closer to 6 weeks, but I thought it might be a good idea to have some milk to put into those bottles. It makes me ridiculously proud to say that there are 4 ozs in my freezer! So far I'm just pumping the opposite side at a few feedings during the day. Pretty much only when it's convienient for me. Since we have so much time before we will be relying on my stash, I'm trying not to stress about it too much!

Oh, and still 11 pounds to go. I'm finding (cold) comfort in the fact that at least I'm not gaining anymore. And I'll try (and probably fail... again) to get a more updated post partum picture. :) Pin It

0 comments: