Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Well, we survived!

My first week back to work has crawled to an end.

And we survived. :)

There have been some changes at the office since I've been gone. New clients, new procedures, I even have a new manager. This week was spent catching up on emails (178 got past my out of office reply), resetting my access codes and passwords and relearning some of the finer points of my job.

And its been fantastic! I love how busy it makes me! It makes me feel like myself again. My company has been phenonmenal about needing to pump. I have been able to get 4 sessions in each day (one at 730 right before I clock in, one at 10 am, again at 12 while I eat and lastly 3 pm before I leave to get Wyatt) and I am able to pump just about what he eats a daycare, but never any extra. My plan this week is to "power pump" to help create a freezer stash.

I miss my son though. And when we're home, I can't get enough of him. I love how soft and squishy he is, and the way he smells. His quick smile and the little noises he makes. But he enjoys daycare, and me working is certainly the best decision for our family.

So we survived our first week, and I can only assume it gets better from here! Pin It

1 comments:

Ann Armenta said...

Congrats! I've been following you along with you going back to work/putting Wyatt in daycare and I must say it's strangely comforting to me that both of you can do it. We're...aka I am... struggling with the idea of finding a better job and putting E in daycare but it helps to see other moms do it. Glad to know it's going so well for you all!